INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE & AFTER GYNECOMASTIA PROCEDURE
Instructions before the Gynecomastia Procedure
During consultation you will be given a list of blood test to be done before you schedule your male breast reduction procedure. These are the following test to be done at any pathology labs or diagnostic center.
√ BT, CT, PT
Please mail the reports or personally show the reports once you get these tests done.
Inform all your previous surgery and medical disorders.
Kindly carry all your previous surgery /medical records on the day of the surgery.
Avoid Smoking and alcohol.
Nothing to eat or drink after midnight (12PM) the night before the procedure.
. No tea /coffee/water on the morning of the procedure.
Shaving of underarms and chest regions.
Do not bring jewelry or other valuables with you.
Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing that is easy to put on and take off.
INSTRUCTION AFTER GYNECOMASTIA SURGERY (MALE BREAST REDUCTION)
- After Gyencomastia surgery, it is important for you to have someone available with you for the first 24hours, as you will have some weakness and drowsiness.
- DO NOT SMOKE after the surgery.
- A light diet is best after surgery. Begin by taking liquids slowly and progress to soups light diet. You may start a regular diet the next day.
- Fever – it is expected to have low grade fever after the surgery which will subside gradually on its own. incase of persistent fever kindly inform and contact us
- After surgery there will be muscle soreness and discomfort for about 5-7 days. The pain medication we have prescribed should relieve your discomfort. Do not drink alcohol while taking pain medication.
- The compression garment must be worn AT ALL TIMES for four WEEKS. This is to minimize scaring, promote healing and maximize your postoperative result.
- After 4 weeks you only need to wear the compression garment at night.. 10. Massage to the operated chest area s will help increase circulation and alleviate the hardness felt underneath the skin. Massage can 3 to 4 days after surgery.
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER GYNECOMASTIA
- Many patients say that the pain equivalent of Gynecomastia is similar to having an extremely hard workout and/or skin sunburn. The pain is not sharp but more of an ache.
- The body retains fluids in response to surgery so do not expect to see any immediate results for the first 2-3 weeks. In the long run you will see more of a change in the way your clothes fit.
- Swelling and bruising are a normal expectation following surgery. Bruising could be apparent for as long as 3-4 months afterwards. The bruises will move down your body as they are absorbed.
- It is normal to have an itching and/or numbness following surgery in the areas that underwent Gynecomastia. This will gradually subside over the next 2-3 months.
Kindly call on 9222122122 in case you have any difficulty or any emergency.