GYNECOMASTIA DIAGNOSIS AND CONSULTATION
AM I THE RIGHT CANDIDATE FOR THE SURGERY
The surgery is the only definitive solution for male breast enlargement. Whether to undergo the procedure is an individual decision and you are the best person to take the decision
Gynecomastia surgery is a highly individualized procedure and you should do it for yourself, not to fulfill someone else’s desires or to try to fit any sort of ideal image.
The procedure will benefit you if:
- You are physically fit and healthy.
- You have realistic expectations.
- Your breast development has stabilized.
- You are particularly bothered by the appearance of enlarged breast.
The correction of gynecomastia by liposuction is best performed on:
Healthy individuals who do not have a life-threatening illness or medical conditions that can impair healing
Men with a positive outlook and specific goals in mind for improving the physical symptoms of gynecomastia
What to expect during your consultation
During consultation the following things will be asked
- Why you want the surgery, your expectations and desired outcome
- Medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments taken for gynecomastia
- Use of current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drugs including steroids
- Any previous surgeries
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Perform diagnostic testing to determine the underlying cause of gynecomastia; this may include testing of your endocrine function
- Examine your breasts and may take detailed measurements of their size and shape, skin quality, placement of your nipples and areolas
- Take photographs for your medical record
- Discuss your options and recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss the likely outcomes of gynecomastia correction and any risks or potential complications
- Discuss the type of anesthesia during the procedure